⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

King.com issue: Why can't I send or receive lives/help on Candy Crush Saga?

angiehere
angiehere Posts: 25 Level 2
edited August 2019 in Support
As of today, May 29, 2019, I cannot send lives or receive lives or receive help unlocking the next episode.  I play through King on a Windows 10 PC using Chrome as my browser.  I noticed yesterday that the login process changed a little bit when it gets to the part that says No Flash Player Detected; that screen is different than it was just a day or two ago.  As per usual, I click the Flash icon to get the Allow dialogue box, then click Allow and the game loads.  Then I get the Send Lives screen, click to send, but nothing happens and the screen remains until I click the X to close it.  I'm waiting to unlock the next episode, as I finished the previous one yesterday and normally, when I open my game the next morning, I have help from three friends to unlock and proceed and have lives from friends; today I have nothing.  
When clicking to ask for lives/help, I used to get a box with all friends listed and the option to Select All, then send.  Now when I click Ask Friends, I no longer get that screen, which probably explains how I have no extra lives or unlock help today.  
I've already stopped playing a couple of games because evidently, if you're not playing through Facebook, you get no daily rewards and no quests through which you can win boosters and such.  I'm NOT going to get a Facebook account because I'm not 12 and not dumb as a bag of antlers.  If the games on King can't include the same advantages for non-Facebook players, I'm pretty sure I can find another way to spend money.  If this recent update has permanently ruined even this game for me, as previous updates have ruined other games, then I guess I'm not able to play on King anymore.  More time for Netflix, I suppose.  
If there is a fix for the damage done by the most recent update, that would be wonderful.  I always clear my cache at the end of each session, so that's not the problem.  I play on a custom built, monster gaming desktop, so memory and/or speed is not an issue, either.  This problem originates with the game, not my machine.  
I can't be the only one having this issue, so any help would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Angie 

Best Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Hello blutu
    I just wanted to drop you a quick message to say thank you for joining the King community forum 🙏🏻

I think you have playing this game through the browser on the Kingdom platform. In fact it is an old platform and there is no new features updated in the game. And King is not working on that platform. In the old game, the ticket was prevalent for unlocking episodes. But in the present, these options are not active in game. But it still available on old kingdom platform. Not only you, there all kingdom platform user facing this problem.
    Anyway, we heard there was some problem that you described.And we already reported it. But we have no information about when this problem can be solved.

The problem will surely be solved, but you have to be patient. 

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Answer ✓
    Hello Marley4
    I just wanted to drop you a quick message to say thank you for joining the King community forum 🙏🏻

I think you have playing this game through the browser on the Kingdom platform. In fact it is an old platform and there is no new features updated in the game. And King is not working on that platform.Recently There are problems with sending and receiving lives. Not fix yet. Not only you, there all kingdom platform user facing this problem.
    Anyway, we heard there was some problem that you described.And we already reported it. But we have no information about when this problem can be solved.
    Keep a little confidence at the moment. King is trying to solve the problem.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Answer ✓
    Marley4 said:
    Why am I not getting any lives from friends.  I cannott send lives to them either.  This has just happened in the last few weeks.
    @Marley4

Hi there! Welcome to the Candy Crush Saga Community!

The reason why you are having this problem is because Windows 7 does meet the Minimum Requirements to run the Candy Crush Saga App. We've had several inquiries about this in the Community since June 7. Unfortunately, you'll have to Upgrade your Computer Operating System to Windows 10 to be able get the run the App and get the best experience playing the game. It is better to do this now than to wait till Microsoft stop supporting Windows 7 where you wouldn't be able to get updates anymore which is a Security Risk. My advice to you is to check your computer for Windows 10 Upgrade Compatibility. If your computer pass the compatibility test, you'll be saving a lot of money buying the upgrade than buying a new computer. Installing the Upgrade is very easy. You just need to follow the directions from there. You don't need to pay someone to do it. It just requires time to get it done.

Here is the link to the System Requirements from the Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/candy-crush-saga/9nblggh18846?activetab=pivot%3Aregionofsystemrequirementstab

Here is the ScreenShot of the System Requirements from the Microsoft Store.

Hope this answers your questions and concerns! Please click the "Yes" that I answered your question!

Thanks!

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Answer ✓
    blutu said:
    can i get on facebook and play? can i start on the level i was on in the original game? 
    Yes you can play the game by syncing with facebook. See how to sync here https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/246143/can-i-sync-my-progress-between-facebook-and-king-com#latest
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Answer ✓
    Hello @susanbeverleylucas 😎

Thanks for detail that you have playing this game through the browser on the Kingdom platform. In fact it is an old platform and there is no new features updated in the game. And King is not working on that platform. In the old game, the ticket was prevalent for unlocking episodes. But in the present, these options are not active in game. But it still available on old kingdom platform. Not only you, there all kingdom platform user facing this problem.😢
    During this time you can sync the game with Facebook and play on a more advanced platform. Your Booster and Levels will remain the same.✔
    Anyway, the problem will surely be solved, but you have to be patient.😊 
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Hi everyone, 

We've been experiencing issues with life, roadblock and extra moves requests at king.com. In spite of their best efforts, our Studio team haven’t yet been able to resolve this issue, but are still working very hard to get a fix in place for you.

Due to the nature of this type of investigation, it’s not possible to give an exact date for the resolution, I’m afraid. The Studios strive to deliver the best playing experience, but bugs or errors can be tricky to pin down for a number of technical reasons.

The issue is only with king.com platform however, and if you are able to play on another one, we recommend using that as a workaround for now. Other supported platforms are Facebook, Windows 10, Android, Apple and Kindle. You can find links to these platforms here under "Play Now". 

This is a frustrating issue to have, and hopefully you are able to play on the platform of your choice really soon. 

I will update you later when I know this issue has been fixed. Thanks for your patience 🙏

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Hello @angiehere

The Game Studios are constantly working on improving our games by introducing new features, gameplay or concepts.
    That's why we all encountered some problems. If you are having this problem on your browser, then you can use another way, since your device is Windows 10 operating system.
    You can use Windows Candy Crush App. Install from here https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NBLGGH18846
    I hope this will be the best way. 
  • jmorgison
    jmorgison Posts: 22 Level 2
    I am having the exact same problem as Angie here.  I am sure I will be installing this game soon if this problem is not fixed soon.  I don't plan on purchasing gold bars to continue playing this game as I am doing it to occupy some time on my hands at 77 years old.  Hopefully you will get this fixed so others like me who are just doing it for the fun of it can continue playing.
  • moustache
    moustache Posts: 23 Level 2
    Ook bij mij doet dit euvel zich voor precies hoe Angie het beschrijft . Vindt dit uiterst frustrerend om met deze handicap verder aan de slag te gaan daar men heel wat beknot wordt in de optie om maximaal te scoren . Kijk met belangstelling naar een oplossing uit om terug er volop tegenaan te kunnen gaan 
    Mvg
  • angiehere
    Hello Sukanta_Biswas,

I'm thinking about your suggestion to download the CC app; is that going to make me lose all my accumulated boosters and start me back at level 1?  I'm not prepared to lose all my progress and boosters.
    Like jmorgison, I'm playing to kill time between customers in my shop and also like jmorgison, I'm a senior at 62 and play for fun, not to always get 3 stars and/or be the #1 position every level.  Right now, since I can't progress to the next episode, get lives or help from my CC friends, I'm just playing off my 5 lives on previous levels to get candy so that I can accumulate more boosters.  
    Thanks so much, 
    Angie 
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    edited May 2019
    @angiehere
    Booster is always synced in Windows 10 app. So your saved booster will remain intact. but you will be lost live's  B)
  • moustache
    Angie , Sukanta Biwas , jmorgison,
    Ook ik behoor tot de seniorenklasse en is dit spel een dagelijkse invulling . Ben benieuwd hoe men ons terug op het goede spoor zet om  onbezorgd verder te kunnen gaan .
    Mvg
  • angiehere
    @angiehere
    Booster is always synced in Windows 10 app. So your saved booster will remain intact. but you will be lost live's  B)
    Okay, so if I am understanding you correctly, I will still have my boosters but no extra lives; that's fine.  Will I start over at level 1 or will I continue from my current level?  
    Thanks!!
    Angiehere
  • moustache
    ik kan mijn vraag voor levens aan mijn vrienden verzenden maar dit blijft onbeantwoord en blijf ik zo op mijn honger zitten .
    Heb alles al geprobeerd maar tevergeefs !

Mvg
  • pierrot
    pierrot Posts: 0 Newbie
    Hello,
    Since few days I cannot send nor receive lives on CC (I play on king.com on a Windows10 PC) : When I click on "ask for lives", CC cannot find any friends (the progress bar made of the 4 small white squares keeps on advancing forever). 
    It used to work so far. The only change I remember is that I have supressed the history and cookies of Chrome, but this shouldn't be connected. I have also tried on Firefox...   An idea please ? 
  • moustache
    Blijf op mijn honger zitten , mis hier een helpende hand die me de juiste weg wijst.

Mvg

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?