No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Options

Comments

• WatchMEcRush21
    WatchMEcRush21 Posts: 43 Level 2
    Options
    Yes, my strategy as changed since the “fix” was implemented.  I burn through my 5 lives and timed boosters that I have earned now.  My fantastic five team cannot complete team goals because I’m the only one playing.  My weekly leaderboard standings have dropped because I do not waste my time coming up with a “strategy” anymore.  This “fix” has taken all the fun out of this game.  I’m not sure how many people have to keep telling the Studio this....

Thank you Pounawea for responding but I’m pretty sure we are all at the point where we just want a response from the Studio.  We know that the “fix” is not going to be changed, unless the Studio is waiting for the Cosmic Climb to end.  That’s the only reason to me why this “fix” was only considered.  I believe most of the Community have learned to accept this “fix” now.  There has been a divide for some Community members that no longer communicate because of this thread.  Spread a little Christmas cheer to amend this “fix.”   Please have an answer from the Studio by Friday.  That’s all I ask....😔
  • Ledalasvegas
    Ledalasvegas Posts: 32 Level 2
    Options
    Well, @Pounawea, when your persona can give us answers instead of platitudes (I mean, really, nearly sixty pages of unanimous outrage requires discussion?), and empathy instead of poorly-hidden condemnation, neither of which is particularly respectful to those of us who would appreciate NOT being given the run-around, then maybe whichever one of you is currently inhabiting said persona would find us to be a little more receptive. 
    Apologies to your persona if my pointing out the obvious is considered an insult. 🙄

• Ledalasvegas
    Ledalasvegas Posts: 32 Level 2
    Options
    And as an aside... referring to an unnamed group of individuals as "idiots" is exercising my opinion as is my right under the first amendment. If I were attacking a specific person, using libel, hate speech, or profanity, then you would be within your rights to remove any statements I make as those would not be covered by the first amendment. 
    But opining that the people who are apparently ignoring us are being idiotic, is totally within my rights and, as it isn't aimed at anybody SPECIFICALLY,  not a direct insult and any removal of expressed opinion is overreaching one's implied authority.

Have a delicious day and enjoy crushing...our pleasure in this game, that is. 
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Options
    As you have stated. Slayer of Chickens, you are not a technical representative of this or any other gaming company. Your statements here, and elsewhere, are thinly veiled, passive aggressive, and judgmental. I have never used the word idiot unless referring to MYSELF. I have also not directed a single word at one of the people that run this forum. I have QUOTED them and that is all. What part of "King would love to know...." don't you understand? Pounawea may be a perfectly lovely person, he may actually care. But King can also read EVERY word of this forum and telling them the various ways we "get around" the hobbling may very well be shooting ourselves in the foot. 

Beta testing is to be expected and the testers are typically MADE AWARE of the fact that they're part of the group so they can provide FEEDBACK.  After all, is that not the very definition of beta testing?  Regardless of whether it's actually what is being done to random numbers of players, neither you nor I know, testing also has an END DATE. If the testing proves that the process is successful it's rolled out to EVERYONE. If it's not, it's back to the drawing board, not on to another set of unknowing players. 
    I've been a beta tester, and on far more important data than this game. Any company that can't conclude a beta test in less than TWO YEARS (that's how long I've played) deserves to be slammed. King brings in unfathomable amounts of money EVERY DAY. They don't need to use their paying customers as guinea pigs!! They could, no, PROBABLY have a testing facility and process that can simulate as many players that are using the game right now, if not MORE. 
    The aspects of the game to which I refer are not beta tests. They have been part of the game for YEARS and are given and taken at the whim of the developers. I've had things in my game that my Mom has never laid eyes on and we've been l playing almost the same amount of time. She has a device with NO features and one with SOME. If she were part of a control group her devices wouldn't be so different. I am 1500+ levels ahead of her because I have (had) what she does not.
    If this is not the case, they need to respond to the numerous players that have NONE of the features left that enable them to continue playing. Before you "ah, but...." Check your ego (and your facts) at the door. 

I have to wonder why they even care HOW we play the game as long as we KEEP playing. (And why you feel the need to chastise). Anyone that got through the levels too fast or too easily, in King's opinion, has to wait for new levels to drop. They can only go back to play old levels until then. That's THEIR problem! They pushed through a game to get to the top, however it long it took and how much they spent doing it is also their "problem". They are the ones "suffering" with anticipation for the new levels. They are also the LOUDEST voices of the angry crowd of pay-to-play-ers. They are also the ones that will no longer PAY to play.
    Don't bother responding, I don't care what you have to say. It'll fall on blind eyes.
  • sofabellie
    sofabellie Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    Since King clearly isn’t going to change it back, I’d love to hear what other games people are playing. I think it’s time we start looking for alternative games that don’t put money in King’s pockets. 
  • nal13
    nal13 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    This is an addictive game but all addictions can be broken. Let’s hit King where it hurts. It has been said many times that those voicing frustration on this forum are those who have went above and beyond in candy crush. I personally am close to level 5800. I have spent more time and money on this game then I’d ever like to admit. 

Let’s just all agree to stop. Let’s stop feeding King. I personally have no intention to play this game or spend any money until the “fix” is fixed!!!
  • jdawg
    jdawg Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
     :p boooo yes hate update where you can't back out of the game. Also losing all my boosters when getting a new phone is horrible too!!!
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Pounawea said:
    Your feedback is very much appreciated, it helps us understand how this change is affecting already your player experience. Did you guys start changing your strategies and the ways you used to play the game?
    @Pounawea It's changed the way I play all right; I play much less. lol Before, I used to be motivated to advance on the map on random days. Now, I don't even play to progress at all. (Of course, I'm still in that stage of collecting as much Sugar Stars as I can, so that's a factor.)

I have not changed strategies; I've been playing so long I've already figured out the best ways to pass a level. Adaptation will mainly affect newcomers to the game. The multitude of long-time players will just leave or play less frequently.

This "fix" is not up for compromise, King.
  • Lady_Choo
    Lady_Choo Posts: 24,365 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options
    I have heard of deaf ears but never blind eyes @JethrinaBodina.
    You might want to look again though. I was referring to the comments that have been said by members calling the King team idiots etc and not by you. I didn't notice names though as I was scrolling through. All I was saying is if people shout about respect then they talk to others how they want to be talked to. 
    And no chastising. Only asking that people remember the house rules 🤷‍♀️
    To clarify. Beta testing is often done without players being made aware. Hence the questions on the site. The game itself is not beta tested, its the features. And has an end date of studio discretion. It can also be random, account related or device related. As you are obviously aware. They don't always go by feedback, there are other ways of gathering data.  You brought up the control groups in your previous post. Whether you chose to read the reply or not, its better to clarify for others reading. 
  • kanelita
    kanelita Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    Desde la última actualización, ya no puedo jugar con mi correo de KING y me bajaron de nivel 1 ya no tengo La foto de perfil 😩😩😩😩
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?