edited May 2019
    Options
    (Edited by CM: Off-Topic)
  • candysodacrusher
    candysodacrusher Posts: 234 Level 3
    Options
    Xarly said:
    Hi @Jami_Fagala ,

Fair question, I appreciate it. I'll try my best to answer this as well as possible. The team is currently doing a deep analysis on this, because data and player feedback not always correlate, which is what makes things tricky in this case. As we speak, they are looking into improvements to the feature that address player feedback (for example, team members being inactive blocking other active members from progressing faster). At the same time, they are working hard on new features (like one that is coming in the near future, called the 'Soda Squad' ) that are on the way. I had the opportunity yesterday of testing two of them and provide my input from a player perspective and I think they will be very positive additions to the game (hopefully you all see them in your games soon).

I can only ask for patience here now, which is indeed a hard thing to ask for, I get that. There are optimisations and new features on the way, but these take time. The team is truly aware of the player feedback and is trying to address it moving forward, I can tell you that. Nobody here is trying to kill the game or harm our players, quite the opposite. Again, balancing in video games is a very delicate topic, because you need to contrast players' opinions with what their behaviour is in-game as well.

I hope this shed some light. Again, thanks for the question and if there's any other doubt, please let me know!

Cheers,
    Xarly
    I appreciate the update @Xarly.  

It it doesn’t surprise me that the data and player feedback don’t correlate.  I’m still playing Mr. Toffee even though I don’t like it.  Why?  Because I don’t want to be one of those who is blocking the game.  

The board I am currently on is about half completed with all three players contributing.  However it seems we are at a standstill as every tile left requires one to either use a booster or complete one or more levels.  No one seems to want to undertake those tasks.  We’ve been on this board for almost a week.  

In the two and a half months that Mr. Toffee has been around (and I have played daily) there was one day in which I was part of a board that was completed in a 24 hr period. I can imagine that perhaps the developers thought a team could easily complete one board a day—after all, two ticks per day per player times three players equals six ticks with only four required to win.  However the reality is that given the makeup of the boards—requiring use of booster, and completion of either specific types of levels or multiple levels makes it very difficult.
  • LauraLMason
    LauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Options
    Also, many of the tiles can take a long time to finish. If you are on a winning streak, completing tasks can work a lot faster. If you are stuck on a level it takes a lot longer. This is also when it may look like someone isn't doing something or blocking. 

Tasks that require passing numerous levels or earning 18 stars, etc. are too much especially if 1 person has to do it themselves.  Tasks like creating a certain number of candy combos are a lot more realistic for this feature.
  • Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    Options
    Also, many of the tiles can take a long time to finish. If you are on a winning streak, completing tasks can work a lot faster. If you are stuck on a level it takes a lot longer. This is also when it may look like someone isn't doing something or blocking. 

Tasks that require passing numerous levels or earning 18 stars, etc. are too much especially if 1 person has to do it themselves.  Tasks like creating a certain number of candy combos are a lot more realistic for this feature.
    I’ve never had the Farce, but am I to understand that some of the goals require passing new levels of certain types?  For someone like me that completes all of the levels on Friday in about an hour these would be impossible.  Judging by the meager excuses for “rewards” that I have heard are offered I also wouldn’t do the ones that require certain boosters to be used.  I’m assuming most are Collect X amount of this color candy or make X amount of this special candy or combo?

Xarly has stated in a different thread that these other players are in fact “real” which I find impossible as when new levels are released I play through them that same morning yet there’s supposedly already other players’ data available to compare to for the episode race?  That makes no sense.  If it is true then in regards to the Farce it further supports the fact that it’s more widely despised than we relatively few people commenting in this thread can understand.  You figure, only a very very small percentage of game players know about and come to this site but all of you stuck with MTF say that none of your “teammates” ever do anything on the board.  This would mean that the other randoms also don’t care for it which would basically triple the amount of dissatisfied CCSS players we know about. Along that line of thinking, your “teammates” are probably frustrated by theirs, those players by another set, etc...the number of unhappy players quickly increases exponentially.  Yet still they’re reviewing the data...
  • candysodacrusher
    Options
    The tiles remaining on my current board are:
    pass 2 new levels
    pass one bubble level
    pass one hard level
    collect 4 stars
    use “free” switch
    use the striped lollipop

I really have no complaints about the various teammates I’ve had.  I haven’t found anyone to intentionally be blocking a square as the tasks that require passing levels may require a while to pass unless you have boosters to use or gold to buy more moves.  I’m a pretty patient player in that regard.  

The most stars I’ve seen required to collect for one tile is 5.  Typically the tiles that require you to collect a certain color candy ask for less than 200.  Those are very easy to do and the first ones people select because they can be completed on almost any given level.    

Having to pass as a specific type of level can be very had to accomplish when you aren’t on that level and have no idea when you’ll get to one of those levels.  Couple that with not knowing what you are playing for and there’s not much incentive.  

My humble opinion is that they don’t tell you what you’re playing for because the rewards aren’t valuable enough in comparison with the effort required.

@Dirty_Nurse is absolutely right about the small percentage of players who either know about or comment on this board.  I ended up here only because I was seeking out info about Mr. Toffee’s Fair because I found it to be such a joke.
  • Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Options
    The tiles remaining on my current board are:
    pass 2 new levels
    pass one bubble level
    pass one hard level
    collect 4 stars
    use “free” switch
    use the striped lollipop

I really have no complaints about the various teammates I’ve had.  I haven’t found anyone to intentionally be blocking a square as the tasks that require passing levels may require a while to pass unless you have boosters to use or gold to buy more moves.  I’m a pretty patient player in that regard.  

The most stars I’ve seen required to collect for one tile is 5.  Typically the tiles that require you to collect a certain color candy ask for less than 200.  Those are very easy to do and the first ones people select because they can be completed on almost any given level.    

Having to pass as a specific type of level can be very had to accomplish when you aren’t on that level and have no idea when you’ll get to one of those levels.  Couple that with not knowing what you are playing for and there’s not much incentive.  

My humble opinion is that they don’t tell you what you’re playing for because the rewards aren’t valuable enough in comparison with the effort required.

@Dirty_Nurse is absolutely right about the small percentage of players who either know about or comment on this board.  I ended up here only because I was seeking out info about Mr. Toffee’s Fair because I found it to be such a joke.
    I also play daily, but I've never seen tiles as easy as yours, I see things like;
    pass 8 new levels
    pass 3 bubble levels
    pass 3 hard levels
    collect 14 stars
    use “free” switch 4 times
    use the striped lollipop 4 times

I'm on level 2986, are you on a low level, I'm thinking that maybe it gets harder on higher levels???

Anyone else care to comment?

BTW, the only "easy" tile left on my board is "collect 490 red candies", but I'm stuck on a level with NO red candies!  Motivated, not so much really.   >:)
  • candysodacrusher
    Options
    Most interesting @Bricorn.  Those tasks are just nasty!  

I’m on level 2677.  
  • Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,751 Sweet Legend
    edited May 2019
    Options
    (Edited by CM: Off-Topic)

• Bricorn
    Bricorn Posts: 518 Level 3
    Options
    Most interesting @Bricorn.  Those tasks are just nasty!  

I’m on level 2677.  
    I've never seen simpler, maybe I'm just unlucky. 
  • Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,751 Sweet Legend
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Anne_Martin

For me, playing on the PC is not essential to life. One should think about it. This is only for the game addict but not for me !!! Dabin I not with it. 

Thank God.

Since my text has been removed, which I do not understand and understand, I will try to do it again !!! I do not understand how you can be so frustrated with some boosters. I have not had any boosters for years and play with the one picture for years. That's what I'm offered. I play through my levels in peace, without anything. Of course I'm hanging on the levels, I'm a little annoyed, but the Spizielle game is coming and it continues. It just takes a little longer. But have my rest. I can not understand the whole thing about free booster. It's just a game. It shows how addicted the players are when boosters can trigger such a chain reaction. I think so sad !!! I prefer to play as I have before and have my rest instead of being as frustrated as an addict! No thanks. I do not have to have !!! I had to get rid of that again. In this sense: All the best and strength for you ...

So, if that is not English, then please show me where there is English !!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?