New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• BricornBricorn Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    It is silly a diagonal what is 4 in a row aswell does not win.
    Agreed, but those are the rules and they did tell us up front about that one. 
  • TheaPierrotTheaPierrot Posts: 20
    The restaurant analogy was excellent.  I don't mind that we don't win on the diagonal.

The little "i" doesn't help because people assume it is tic tac toe so don't think they need information. 

I think it would solve 90% of the problems if people just understood that. 

The only square needed on my column right now is "one new level".  If my teammates understood how it works it would be done and I could start a new board.

Someone wrote that their strategy is to wait until someone else starts and then figure it out from there but sometimes the other team mates are completely inactive so you can wait for nothing. 
  • susanm9090susanm9090 Posts: 61 ✭✭

Someone wrote that their strategy is to wait until someone else starts and then figure it out from there but sometimes the other team mates are completely inactive so you can wait for nothing. 

Yes on the inactive teammate.  But once you see they aren’t completing anything, assume they likely won’t, which I can  usually tell in an hour or two,  you don’t waste a check in the rows they are blocking but rather start somewhere else.  Of course if they are parked on easy stuff and every other row has tasks you can’t complete, the board drags on forever.  I have suggested that they at least let us drop out of a board rather than sit there for a week but the suggestion has so far gone nowhere.
  • Jami_FagalaJami_Fagala Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I feel the 2 biggest problems with toffee are the rewards and the 2 tasks limit. When you make it to the highest levels you have to have boosters to pass the levels. Quests taken away and the lack of decent boosters through toffee means you either have to purchase boosters or you’re stuck for weeks at a time. There is no fun in that. 
  • disappointedbykingdisappointedbyking Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    Jami, I think we all agree. Plus the team members blocking the board...

To be clear, the game is not fun anymore. Obviously, King is looking for new players, younger, beginners, and does not care about the old troops.
    Jami, I think we all agree. Plus the team members blocking the board...

To be clear, the game is not fun anymore. Obviously, King is looking for new players, younger, beginners, and does not care about the old troops.
    I think it is just economics and probably falling revenue from an older game more than anything.  I also play Jelly and it is still pretty generous with boosters.
    I stopped jelly around 1600, when all levels got so hard it took weeks to pass one. Where are you, susan?
    I stopped jelly around 1600, when all levels got so hard it took weeks to pass one. Where are you, susan?
    I am only at 1379.  But you get usable boosters at some levels and also from playing side games.  For example I played the first of five, very easy and got two fish and a bomb when I completed it.  And I actually like Jelly’s games better, a little less repetitive than Soda.
  • candysodacrushercandysodacrusher Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    One of my (many) frustrations with Mr. Toffee is that you don’t know what you are playing for.  For a while I thought that the reward you got was based on the difficulty of the line that was completed, but now I think there is just one reward assigned to a board and it doesn’t matter which line gets completed.  @Xarly, (or anyone) can you enlighten me on this? 

And while I’m on the subject of frustrations, Mr. Toffee was advertised as a feature to earn rewards faster.  I’ve not found that to be true as my teams have been lucky to complete one board per week.  Anyone having better luck at how frequently your teams complete boards?
    @candysodacrusher, I had the same thoughts, but no, it depends on the size of the moon, or the mood of the programmers?
    I've got horrible rewards, like one-hour free play and a striped candy, or good ones, if minimal, like a striped hammer.
    With the quests, I used to get all of the available boosters in a day or 2, meaning 10 of them. 
  • ISurvivedISurvived Posts: 40 ✭✭
    I have noticed somewhat of a "pattern" when my board is completed. It seems like I have received the same reward twice and then the next two boards it's the same rewards. So, I'll get an hour of striped candy and a coloring bomb for two boards and something different for.the next two. 

@candysodacrusher, I agree, the rewards DO NOT come as fast as the quests and the amount is nowhere near as many. The hard quests would reward six items and they were not timed. 

If you are not able to play for that hour, you lose your prize. Most of us don't have all day to play games on the computer or tablet or phone. 

I don't know. Yes, we are all frustrated and there want the quests back but that's not happening. Yes, they are listening. But it isn't as much fun to play any more. 

I had hoped that after three months of talking about it would have been enough but I guess not. Mr. Toffee is still here. 
  • DitteDitte Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    One of my (many) frustrations with Mr. Toffee is that you don’t know what you are playing for.  For a while I thought that the reward you got was based on the difficulty of the line that was completed, but now I think there is just one reward assigned to a board and it doesn’t matter which line gets completed.  @Xarly, (or anyone) can you enlighten me on this? 

And while I’m on the subject of frustrations, Mr. Toffee was advertised as a feature to earn rewards faster.  I’ve not found that to be true as my teams have been lucky to complete one board per week.  Anyone having better luck at how frequently your teams complete boards?
      It's very different. Sometimes I make a row by myself over two days and then another two tiles on the new board. Sometimes if another player is active AND we're working on the same row we can complete a row in half an hour. And sometimes when I'm blocked or I'm the only active player and there are no rows without hands or striped lollies or new levels it can take up to a week because I have to wait for Friday and new levels. 

About every three days for me.  Although sometimes I will drag it out an extra day because I like to time finishing a board with getting my daily booster so I can pair whatever the board might give me with my daily booster.
    edited July 1
    it depends... some boards are bad, asking you for the ridiculous stuff (use the striped hammer) and tasks that are stupid, like pass a new frosting level. Or bubble, or whatever, that may be 10 levels away! It may take a long time then. Plus my computer and phone don't register the advance for the task. If I have to match 2 striped twice, it has to be on the phone or the computer. One march done on the phone is not accepted by the computer, so it starts from 0. 
  • Jami_FagalaJami_Fagala Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    As long as I don’t get blocked I can complete a line in 2 days. I have completed a line in the same day a couple of times when someone else actually helps but that doesn’t happen often. That advertisement saying you get rewards faster is just not true. With quests I got rewards everyday and didn’t have to depend on someone else to make that happen.