Win Gold Bars 🥤Guess the Hidden Number HERE

💪 Choose to Challenge and celebrate Women's Month!

👋 Don't be Shy and Say Hi HERE!
⚡️ New! Weekend Soda Challenge!🥤 HERE
👫 👭 Wanna add Friends to your Soda Game? We need your help HERE

New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Comments

• candysodacrushercandysodacrusher Posts: 235 Level 3
    Thanks everyone for responding.  Seems like you are all (slightly?) more successful than I have been with Mr. Toffee.  Also sounds like a lot of you are completing the lines with minimal help from your teammates.  That’s might be where I’m going wrong.  Seems every time I think I can complete a board myself, one of my teammates ends up sitting on a tile for several days.  My latest strategy in that regard has been to not start any new tiles/lines and just let them finish it off.
  • Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• Clover_7Clover_7 Posts: 24 Level 2
    The theory (I believe) is that we can complete several boards in a day/session with the help of teammates, therefore winning prizes faster (sort of). This doesn’t explain why the rewards are so much less, although I think we can work that out!

The reality in my experience @candysodacrusher is that you can complete a board every other day (on your own), unless as frequently seems to be the case, someone blocks you. I can’t say whether this is deliberate or if they don’t understand the concept.

I think I now have a better idea what the studio were hoping to achieve with this feature, but you cannot program for human behaviour or lack of it, Unfortunately, in real game play, with real people, playing at different times of day, maybe even in different time zones it doesn’t work.
  • disappointedbykingdisappointedbyking Posts: 143 Level 3
    well, the quests were fine, no one complained. The new feature is meant so that we get fewer boosters and thus buy them. Can they be that naive, really, when thousands of free games are available?
    An amazing thing happened after I posted about how long it was taking to earn Mr. Toffee’s rewards.  Finished a board, got a new board and one of my teammates did 2 tasks, I did 2 tasks and we had another reward.  With the next board, I did two, one partner did one, and is now working on the last one which requires 3 stars.  I think that’s how this game is supposed to work.  LOL.  Only disappointment is the striped candy and wrapped candy as rewards.
    edited July 2019
    Yes, it looks like one of my teammates has understood the idea too! You can only use MTF if you go back to some easier levels. If you stick to your present level, it may take weeks to just create a soft candy, 
    Still, the rewards are much too crappy. To get an hour of play and a striped candy should be an offense. I lost my only hammer because of the game glitch that makes it close sometimes on PC, if you play with the king app. Let us see if they replace it, it is their fault the app does not work, not mine. Last MTF, as said, an hour free play and a striped candy!
  • susanm9090susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    I am currently playing a board with a single non player parked on a square .  In order to finish a row I have to either use a striped candy (don’t have),  a hand (don’t have), get four stars (I am stuck in an extra hard level) or pass a bubble or frosting (at least four levels ahead).    I may be here for weeks.
    yes, they did not think it properly. We should be able to send messages to the team members, at least. 
    Pass a new level can be hell, depending on where you are. And once again, as we don't have hands, hammers or even enough lollypops, we are stuck, except for beginners. 
    @Xarly, I think we have pointed out all the weaknesses of MTF. If the rewards were 10 times what they are, it could be okay, but the way it is, it took away the enjoyment I had to play. The squad is even worse.
  • Brian_TateBrian_Tate Posts: 68 Level 3
    I am currently playing a board with a single non player parked on a square .  In order to finish a row I have to either use a striped candy (don’t have),  a hand (don’t have), get four stars (I am stuck in an extra hard level) or pass a bubble or frosting (at least four levels ahead).    I may be here for weeks.
    Yea be better off playing the fair by ourselves, its obvious the daily missions were taken away because the payoff hurts profits. The people that buy boosters want an easy win and they are playing to that crowd. This is totally unfair to the people that play the game more. I got lucky on my squad and we beat it 3 times in a row(got all 800 points) and as long as we win we stay together.  Even with that I got 350 plus points myself each time, and the other 4 split the remaining 450.
    Got a new board and after three relatively “easy” boards, this one is horrible.  Every option requires either use of a booster, passing multiple levels to earn one tick, passing specific types of levels, or some combination of the above.  I refuse to do a tile that requires use of a booster as a matter of principle, and I hate the ones that require you to pass a specific type of level, because who knows when you will get one of those.
  • susanm9090susanm9090 Posts: 90 Level 3
    Boards have NOT been made easier
  • monnikhofmonnikhof Posts: 5 Newbie
    Perhaps a bit off subject but has anyone obtained any insight into the algorithms behind the game? I myself have noticed that after winning a few levels the next levels become increasingly hard. Like the game at times decides you are not allowed to win any more. On the other hand, after being stuck at a hard lever for a few days there often seems to be a instance when that level becomes more easy (candies falling into best possible shape) so you get through thinking "why have i been stuck here for so long?). However - after reading through all these comments - it may be I am becoming a little paranoid about King and their devious plans. So can anybody confirm my feeling about the above?
    monnikhof said:
    Perhaps a bit off subject but has anyone obtained any insight into the algorithms behind the game? I myself have noticed that after winning a few levels the next levels become increasingly hard. Like the game at times decides you are not allowed to win any more. On the other hand, after being stuck at a hard lever for a few days there often seems to be a instance when that level becomes more easy (candies falling into best possible shape) so you get through thinking "why have i been stuck here for so long?). However - after reading through all these comments - it may be I am becoming a little paranoid about King and their devious plans. So can anybody confirm my feeling about the above?

I’ve also noticed similar patterns.
    my team has been changed! back to those who block and do nothing. Grrrrrr...