“No connection to internet”. - Reported!

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,599 Sweet Legend
    Hi guys, welcome to our community.  I would like to take a moment to offer you a message for all newbies to learn more about our community which you can find here.  We always run contests so be sure to enter them for a chance to win gold bars.

Since I roam all Candy Crush communities to help the players I'm not sure which community I found this, but players who are getting the no wifi message can resolve it by uninstalling and reinstalling the game.  I do have to warn all of you that if you do uninstall the game you will lose all lives and boosters since they are only saved to that device.

• vegasjojo
    vegasjojo Posts: 2 Newbie
    Yeah but...I worked on remote based gaming for several global lotteries including Greece, Finland, Canada, and Illinois. If we updated a system which caused thousands of slot machines to go off line we would be fired and fined severely. Also we can't tell a bar with 6 machines in Moosejaw, Sascatchawan "My bad" and to delete and reload their program. These hacks don't deserve your business.
  • nummymummy
    nummymummy Posts: 10 Level 2
    edited October 2019
    To delete and reinstall the game, knowing we will lose our place/boosters is a very disappointing and an unsatisfactory answer.  Many of us have worked and enjoyed playing these games for a long time. We have spent a lot of money to get there and get our boosters.  To now pull the plug on the internet connection to force us to re-buy our way back to where we were before smells of a ploy to make more money—dishonestly.
    If I do decide to delete my games, I will not reinstall any of them.  I’m not alone in feeling robbed here; I’m sure the software can be fixed to reconnect us.
  • StingySpud
    StingySpud Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am having this same issue on my desktop computer.  If I had no internet connection, I wouldn't be able to get into the game in the first place.  Can someone please help to stop this from happening?  Thanks!
  • NicolaT
    NicolaT Posts: 6 Level 2
    edited October 2019
    I also can't connect to the internet on my android for weeks now through 4g but it does let me connect through others peoples wifi as I dont have that in my house, I have cleared data on the game & on google play store like we were told...uninstalled, reinstalled & all that's done is took me right bk to the start because I can't connect to my saved data so it's not working & clearly I ain't the only one having problem's so please fix it.
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,570 Community Manager
    Thanks for all the reports guys, I've passed these on to the Studio so they are going to have a look at this.

We're not seeing any huge issues from our side that might be causing this so it's going to take some time before they can figure out what is happening.

In the meantime, you can still play and keep an eye out for future updates that might take care of this.
  • jo24558
    jo24558 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am having the same problem on desk top facebook game room.  started yesterday.  No problem with wifi can play all the other games in facebook game room fine.  
  • NoneTheWiser
    NoneTheWiser Posts: 7 Level 2
    I have also been having the same issue for about a week.  Elsa's flippant response for us to uninstall and reinstall knowing we will lose all boosters  is absolutely unacceptable. The boosters I have now are hard won and we all know the rewards they're giving out these days are awful and not worth the time and effort it takes to earn them. I agree with nummymummy. I think this is a blatant and outrageous cash-grab, and if King thinks this will force us to buy more boosters, they don't know the mentality of their core users. If I am forced to uninstall to fix this issue I won't be reinstalling.
  • Vesha
    Vesha Posts: 3 Newbie
    I have unlimited internet on my phone but the game is refusing to connect so that I can see my progress on the leader board or race progress how do I fix this? 
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,570 Community Manager
    Hi @Vesha, welcome to our Community :)

Could you please let me know which device you're playing on, Apple or Android device and your User ID so I can pass this on to PLayer Support who is currently looking into this?

Thanks for your collaboration :) 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?