New feature - Mr Toffee's Fair!

Options

Comments

• Dirty_Nurse
    Dirty_Nurse Posts: 555 Level 4
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I'll say it again, the CEO of Activision considers 2018 as one of their best years...
    It does not make any sense. 
    The game is more rigged every day, the boosters impossible unless you buy them, and the trust is gone. 
    What do they want? 
    Do you really have to ask what they want?  (Hint, look above the number 4 on your keyboard).

Unfortunately for people like us here commenting on this thread, many millions of other people play this game that are oblivious to(or don’t care about) outlets like this where they can vent their frustrations - or just simply accept the game as it is and willingly shell out money for various meaningless virtual goods.  I for one have never bought any booster of any kind across all of the 4 King games I have played and never will and am at the highest current level on all of them.  If any of the games ever come to the point of being impossible without either needing to invest a significant amount of time into them or even a cent to replenish a supply of nigh-impossible-to-obtain boosters I’ll delete it and never look back.  I “watch” the occasional ad on this game and vanilla CC, that’s all the revenue they deserve. 
  • Anne_Martin
    Anne_Martin Posts: 299 Level 4
    Options
    in the time of King, before Activision bought the games, only 2% of the players bought boosters. King never relied on sales to make money.
    I have said from the first day, in early March it was pure greed. But now, it seems weirder, as what they do goes against any kind of marketing. We are all more or less stopping, we are mad...
    To give even one dollar to Activision would feel like blasphemy. They destroyed a game I liked, I will never pay them! Plus, Mr Stupid cheats, and too many people complain about not getting what they won or what they paid for. 
    So, are they killing the game? if so, why?
  • ISurvived
    ISurvived Posts: 50 Level 3
    Options
    This is entirely off topic. Is there any reason for getting the gold pin for completing a level the first time? I mean, there's no reward for that. 

Kinda like Mr. Toffee's Fair, you know?
  • Brian_Tate
    Brian_Tate Posts: 73 Level 3
    edited May 2019
    Options
    ISurvived said:
    This is entirely off topic. Is there any reason for getting the gold pin for completing a level the first time? I mean, there's no reward for that. 

The only incentive is to buy boosters to get a gold pin that is worthless King is right of milking its users
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    edited May 2019
    Options
    ISurvived said:

Gold pin is like the nonsense where you are told to beat 5 levels first time during one episode to get some fancy sword...King don't tell you that it is totally and utterly worthless, but hope that some players decide to buy a booster to obtain it.

But hey, they're not unscrupulous ... much ;-)
  • Anne_Martin
    Options
    hmmm.... yes, we all looked at the gold pins, etc, to notice it is a tasteless joke.
    Still, if I had bought a company for 5,000,000,000, I would hesitate before destroying it, would not you? And unless all people working for Activision are blind and stupid,  they know they are doing it. 
    You can appreciate the silence of Xarly, Foley, or even Elsa. As soon as we discuss the problem, they vanish.
    How could they create MTF and not be able to give people what they have won? at the same time, they can take the tasks away in a blink, etc. 

• KingChewy
    KingChewy Posts: 13,713 Sweet Legend
    Options
    @Anne_Martin - nobody has vanished. I appreciate the fact you still haven’t figured out how to tag anyone properly so they can see when you’ve been abusive yet again. Let me know if you need help with this, as I’d be happy to assist.

I choose not to respond earlier today because all you do is attack. I offered assistance towards a player with a question towards the event yesterday and reminded you of the house rules. That is all. 

I’ll remind you again that @Elsa does NOT work for King. Nor do I. We are volunteers here trying to help our fellow players. If you have further issues please make sure to notify @Xarly.

Lastly if you had even bothered to ask me how I felt about the event myself you’d probably have a different view of me, but seeing as how you’ve done nothing but attack anything in your pathway associated with King, I’ll just wish the very best in life and with your bible studies 🙏🏻
  • PurplePants
    PurplePants Posts: 41 Level 2
    Options
    Maybe it's still too early in the morning for me, but what is the booster wheel?

Sorry, it's part of Saga, not Soda. One free spin of a wheel every day for a random booster. Eight symbols, one is a Jackpot which gives one of every booster. Odds of hitting it are obviously 7-1. In a fair, honest, scrupulous, non-rigged world ;-)

Once in 900 spins is abject nonsense. That's how they treat their players. With contempt. An insult to our intelligence.

I have been reassured by Support that every level on Saga or Soda is possible without boosters. Well, so is tossing a coin 100 times and getting 100 tails. But would you enjoy sitting there for days and days and days and days, trying the same thing over and over and over and over? Knowing your ONLY reward for finally doing so is .... to go to the next level and get stuck doing it all over again? Because that is CC, in a nutshell zzzzzz lol.

Thank you. I now know what you mean, I've never hit the jackpot myself. And for being reassured that every leve can be won without boosters is crap.

• Anne_Martin
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I attack what is going on, and the people who do not complain. It is not personal, workers are trapped as well as you. But not to say and repeat it is a catastrophe, that is giving up the game. And it is sad,
    Instead of attacking what I say, which is true, why don't you join the chorus of the haters, meaning everyone? you know it is a stupid feature. Why are they doing that? 
    How come you don't answer any of the questions I ask? How would you feel if you passed 3 new frosting levels to see Mr Moron stuck on "passed 1, get another one". If I were the only one, it could be a glitch, but many say the same. Some even bought boosters and never got them.
    If this forum has any meaning, it should be to hear what players think. When 100% of them hate the feature, is it normal for Activision to remain silent or lie? 
    Xarly posted at 8 a.m. a few days ago "nothing new", when the quests were already gone. I suppose he is the one who said Mr Stupid was great too, to win rewards faster two months ago. 
    In a dictatorship, you can only protest as loud as you can and as long as you can.
    By the way, I understand better the silence of the ones paid by Activision than the approval or fake one of the "helpers". Do you really think you help anyone that way? Elsa has admitted she dislikes MTF so much she stopped playing it. 
    You would like the ex-players to say "'Amen" to the change, without any reason, but GREED. As I said before, if Hasbro decided Scrabble will be played without spelling rules, for social integration or else, should we approve? Then, as G.B. Shaw wrote, "fish" could be written "ghoti". We are on the same level.
    If your financial life does not depend on Activision, join the protesters. Your voice may weight more, and you will show a bit of guts. 
    I don't mean to attack a person, but a company. If they value money more than anything, they should have done another kind of business. The game was nice because you could play it alone, without noise, almost anywhere, and it made your brain work a little. Now, you are at the mercy of the "studio". If you play, you must know a lot of levels may only be passed with a soft and hard candy brought together. A lot too many, IMHO. The rocket race has disappeared. The same for all the extra ways to get boosters. It is now "buy or leave". At the same time, the levels, either hard or normal, don't ask for reflection anymore, but pure luck. You depend on the gods of the game.
    When people pick up a game to be played individually, with a bit o thought, and it turns out to be playing the slots, are they to accept it silently?
    I've tried to explain my thoughts and my disappointment. I still play my free half hour, but without pleasure. I am probably like millions of others, going to quit, sadly. 
    So, stand for what is right, you too. Or be a coward for no reason.

'
  • marscrushinit
    marscrushinit Posts: 2,536 Level 5
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi @Anne_Martin 🤗. I know @Foley1362 from another forum and I can assure you , it's not fake help that is offered. @Foley1362 is one of the NICEST people you would ever meet on here ,and even though you say you are not attacking a person ..but a company , you sound awfully critical of others. Not everyone shares your same views about the game. Some of us do like it . Do I like mtf? No but criticizing others is not going to change that. Please please quit with the negative behavior and attacking others . 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?