The sound keeps turning on after watching an Ad!

Options

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,732 Community Manager
    Options
    Thanks for reporting this guys!

We've tried reproducing the issue but had no luck 🤔 I'll keep this thread open and see if more report this so I can collect some cases and pass this on to the studio.

We can start by stating the device you're playing on (Android, Apple, Kindle, W10 app) and the game app version you have installed.

In the meantime, the workaround would be to keep the device on mute when opening the game app (in case you're out in public). 😉

Thanks for your patience guys 🤗 

• facegal
    facegal Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hello guys. I am also having this issue. I have turned off the music on the game at the main screen. But, when I play the level and watch a video for a bonus item, the music is back on. I click it off and every time I watch another video it pops back on. I am using an iPhone 8plus. It started after the last update. Thanks 
  • yvoh
    yvoh Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    I have noticed that this is also happening now on my iPad. So iPad and iPhone since the last update. The sounds are turned off in the main screen but as soon as a video is watched for boosters the sounds come back on. Turn them off, watch another video and the sounds are back on. I don't play on a pc so I don't know if the same happens there. I also am not connected via Facebook. 
  • yvoh
    yvoh Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    Meant to add to the above that the version I have is 1.145.3
    Hope this helps

• tryshlynn007
    tryshlynn007 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Same issue here, iPhone 8, version 1.145.3 This is very annoying, I turn all sound off from the game and every time I watch a video, the sound is back. I turn the sound off on my phone, but when I have my earbuds in, listening to my podcasts, the sound comes back on. 
  • coqee
    coqee Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Same issue here. 
    iOS 12.3.1

Volume and sound turned off on game to start.

Watch an ad to get bonuses and the sound automatically turns on again. 

Forced to leave phone on silent mode to avoid all this. 

Never happened prior to latest game update. 
  • QueenB
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this @coqee👍

We have now been able to reproduce the issue and we can confirm that it is the Ads that is activating the sound after watching it.

This has now been reported and the Studio is looking in to this. In the meantime, just turn the sound off when you get back to the level, I know it's not ideal but it is a workaround 😉

Thank you for your patience while we work on this and keep it Sweet 🤗 
  • Beaster
    Beaster Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    I understand that after the latest update, the ads are activating the sounds. Is this going to be fixed in an update or is this going to be a permanent issue? Sometimes I like to play the game when I’m sitting in an office or something. The sound goes on and it can be very obnoxious if you forget to mute your phone.
  • reenzy
    reenzy Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have the same problem and have to mute the sound every game, very irritating. Please fix .
  • QueenB
    Options
    @reenzy

We can confirm that it is the Ads that is activating the sound after watching it.

This has now been reported and the Studio is looking in to this. In the meantime, just turn the sound off when you get back to the level, I know it's not ideal but it is a workaround 😉

Thank you for your patience while we work on this and keep it Sweet 🤗 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?