🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

Crashing and freezing: troubleshooting steps and updates here!

Options

Comments

• simplyP
    simplyP Posts: 11,774 Level 5
    Options

to tag a player, use @ and type name, then you should see a drop down menu with names. Make sure you pick the right one. When you do, it will be bold fonts like your name on my comment to you.

• AnpuRa
    AnpuRa Posts: 25 Level 2
    Options

@simplyP

I tried resetting but the game still crashesrandomly.

• Rifka_Belkin
    Rifka_Belkin Posts: 24 Level 2
    Options

I haven't had a problem with freezing for a little while but just now, twice in a row, trying to use Dachs who is the recommended friend, it won't let me make the first move.

• bexsand
    bexsand Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi there, I’m completely updated etc but every time I open the app to play , the game crashes

😢

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,549 Friends Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bexsand Welcome to our community at Candy Crush Friends. Glad you found your way here.

We’ve recently become aware of a bug in Candy Crush Friends Saga that is causing the game to crash and freeze at different points and also affecting other aspects of gameplay. 

We’re sorry about this. We know how frustrating this can be for our players. The good news is the studio team is on it, and are now investigating in order to find a solution as quickly as possible. Rest assured they are doing everything they can to fix the bug.

In the meantime, please take a look at our troubleshooting info for crashing and freezing, and try all the steps outlined.

• Force close all apps and restart your device making sure to leave it switched off for at least 10 seconds before turning it back on again.
    • Look for any updates for your device and the game app.
    • Make sure that you have sufficient memory free on your device. We normally recommend having at least 2GB free. If you have less than this be sure to free up some memory to enable the game to run as smoothly as possible.
    • As a last resort, we can try deleting and reinstalling the game as it usually fixes most issues. Simply make sure that your game is safely backed up to your King or Facebook account before proceeding with this step.*

*Please also note that any boosters or extra lives stored in the game may also be lost during this process, so it's worth trying to use them up before reinstalling...

So hope that helps and if not please talk with us again...

• bexsand
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks so much for your reply I appreciate it 🙏

• DieOmimi
    Options

@bexsand Did the measures help you or do you still have the problem?

If it still exists, the studio will ask if it is related to certain types of devices. 

I'm playing on Android 9.0 and Win10 and I don't have the problem. Although the app on Win10 runs very slowly for me (almost like in slow motion), I can still play. It is slow but does not freeze and does not crash. 

• bexsand
    Options

It’s happening on and off, but I’m at least able to play now, whereas earlier I couldn’t. I use Apple iPhone 6 🤷‍♀️

• DieOmimi
    Options

Ok @bexsand. If you can play, it's good for now. Nevertheless, I will make a note of the device in case the studio detects a frequency on some devices. The more we know when and on which device the error occurs, we can help other players with the same problem faster.

I know it's annoying when you can't play for some technical reason. Just like when some characters got stuck while loading.

Since you've found your way into the community, I'd love for you to have some fun with other players from all over the world. We have competitions here where you can win gold bars for your game. Or join our discussions to share your experience with other players. 

For your community profile, we also have various badges, for example for your friends in the scrapbook, for milestones achieved or for high or very low scores that you have achieved at a level.

Just tell me if and what you are interested in and I'll show you the way to get there.

Have a nice day yet!

• bexsand
    Options

Awesome thanks for your help

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?