🏅Badges! Join the Weekly Race HERE and share your scrapbook HERE
🌈New in the Community? Say Hi HERE
💞With a little help from my friends! Earn our Love badge here!
⚽️🏀🏈 Friends Comm' Together Games! Second competition here!
🌴 It's ON! Join our Weekend Challenge HERE

We want your feedback on Rachel and her Quest!

Comments

• DroneDomeDroneDome Posts: 22 Kingster
    I'm really happy you guys like Rachel, her ability and the levels. That makes me, and the team, very very happy! We worked hard to really find something satisfying with her ability.

<3
  • Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?

• kalanilehuakalanilehua Posts: 63 Level 3
    Excited to have added Rachel to my collected characters, but I wish there was an option to go back and play the first part of the challenge to get in more practice with her and her rainbow candy! 🌈

@MightyWolf: I would love to see a costume for Olivia too! 😉
  • Sofia1992Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    Hi @DroneDome .
    Since I noticed that you are level designer and since I'm still playing Rachel's event and I'm in level 6 of it now, I would like to share my opinion to you (and to your team, of course!)

First of all, I love the map on Rachel's event. It's colorful and a very unique one.
    Secondly, I love Rachel and her unique ability (it was a little hard to understand it first but now I realised how it works) .
    And third, my congrats to you (and to your team) for doing great job of creating such a unique event for the most of us (plus I hope and everyone else to enjoy this event soon) .

But, I have a small complain about this event:
    Some of Rachel's levels are a bit hard to be passed. Although I love those unique levels and I mastered her ability somehow, still they are hard. Many blockers everywhere plus the less moves that we have in every level. And as the result, without gold bars or boosters, that makes them very hard to be passed.

So, if you don't mind since it's my opinion of course, in the future events to have less blockers in every event level, more moves and also, try to reduce and the stickers (on the boosters) so we get easier and faster more boosters and pass those levels easily and enjoy the experience of this game more.

~That's what I have to say and for once again, my congrats for creating such a great event like this one.~

Sofia1992: ~ A sweet girl, full of love and passion for Candy Crush Games and Community too!~

☆And...Friend of Friends, full of imagination and creativity!☆

Welcome to Analysis, Theories and facts about our Favorite Candy Crush Characters!
    Check the new Info Section here!

• dchamaidchamai Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi i cant see this event or any of the previous events while my friends all can and have before. Help me please
  • LisaMarieLisaMarie Posts: 35 Level 2
    Love Rachel!! She's a lot of fun, I hope I can get her permanently soon. I agree with what Sofia said above the levels are very difficult & I play CCF every day. 
    I'd like a costume for Olivia in the future too. You guys are doing a great job, BTW. I always look forward to what's coming next 😀
  • Sofia1992Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    Thanks @LisaMarie .
    I'm glad that you loved my opinion so much.
    I think that everyone else deserve to enjoy the game more and more so why not to share my opinion at all?
    This game is awesome and it can be better and better (or better to say sweeter than ever) .

Oh and I would like to see Olivia again in the future (cause I didn't get her) but it's ok really.
    She might appear in the future again, who knows...?

Sofia1992: ~ A sweet girl, full of love and passion for Candy Crush Games and Community too!~

☆And...Friend of Friends, full of imagination and creativity!☆

Welcome to Analysis, Theories and facts about our Favorite Candy Crush Characters!
    Check the new Info Section here!

• DBlake13DBlake13 Posts: 33 Level 2
    Sofia1992 said:
    Hi @DroneDome .
    Since I noticed that you are level designer and since I'm still playing Rachel's event and I'm in level 6 of it now, I would like to share my opinion to you (and to your team, of course!)

First of all, I love the map on Rachel's event. It's colorful and a very unique one.
    Secondly, I love Rachel and her unique ability (it was a little hard to understand it first but now I realised how it works) .
    And third, my congrats to you (and to your team) for doing great job of creating such a unique event for the most of us (plus I hope and everyone else to enjoy this event soon) .

But, I have a small complain about this event:
    Some of Rachel's levels are a bit hard to be passed. Although I love those unique levels and I mastered her ability somehow, still they are hard. Many blockers everywhere plus the less moves that we have in every level. And as the result, without gold bars or boosters, that makes them very hard to be passed.

So, if you don't mind since it's my opinion of course, in the future events to have less blockers in every event level, more moves and also, try to reduce and the stickers (on the boosters) so we get easier and faster more boosters and pass those levels easily and enjoy the experience of this game more.

~That's what I have to say and for once again, my congrats for creating such a great event like this one.~

I agree with this post. I’m stuck on level five and I’m not really feeling this character. Because this level and level four (which were pretty difficult for Rachel) because because of the maximum layers of ice and cupcakes, she needs color bombs and sprinkle bombs to really make her effective in my opinion. Like the bubblegum king, those types of levels expose her. A difficult character to play as. By far the best character for these type of events, it would be Olivia, IMO. I say that these levels to introduce a new character would probably turn off players in enjoying the character. And players do not want to waste boosters (which takes time to gain) to pass a level. I’m sorry, I know that king did a lot of work on Rachel and the event, but these concerns can make players wary of a next new character. Make them fairly challenging but not to the point where it is almost impossible.
  • wafercookieflipperswafercookieflippers Posts: 4,638 Legend
    I have many positive things to say about the challenge which I will include in another comment. I feel like the designers probably deserve a lot of praise while whomever came out with the release model is deserving of some criticism.

I got the Rachel challenge and was able to complete the 10 levels. I have yet to complete my 2nd part star chaser quest. Technically I don’t “have” Rachel yet, but considering that many of my fellow players are not even being given the opportunity to play the levels to earn her as a character, I would say I am one of the lucky ones. 

Nothing justifies a limited release of a character. Not when you consider that a character represents more than just a cute cartoon—it represents a power to use in levels. I have been left out of costumes. The game is still the same. I have been left out of events like the new quest challenges and rainbow road, and to my knowledge, the game is still the same. Costumes and events to gain boosters (like star chaser events), are added enhancements. While I feel it is still unfair and the reasoning given to us as players is misguided, I can somewhat accept that these “features” vary from player to player. Characters are not a “feature” in the same way. We should all be able to play our levels with the same powers—or at least we should certainly be given the opportunity to do so. 

I have Olivia (albeit after the most difficult road to get her) and the Bubblegum Troll (same story there). The events themselves were fun. I didn’t like that I had to work harder than some other players but I did it. I want to point out that now I use Olivia and the Bubblegum Troll all the time. I cannot imagine not having them in my arsenal. Everyone who “missed the Olivia event” has been told there would be “another chance” to get her for some time now. To my knowledge, that hasn’t happened yet. I would be really disadvantaged and honestly rather angry if that had happened to me. 

So I guess my feedback is that these events need to be available to everyone because they are so much more than just a one time event. They are a recurring part of the game. Missing out on the Rachel Challenge is missing out on getting to use her abilities in all the future levels. That is simply not fair play and not the kind of game I have come to expect from King. It takes away from my enjoyment to know that my fellow players aren’t playing the same game. 

My suggestion is to immediately come up with some sort of sticker program for Rachel or whatever comparable event. It would be great to see it for Olivia and the Bubblegum Troll too. 

Thank you for any consideration you can give this. I do love this game and the comraderie among my fellow players. 🍭
    Farm Heroes ☀️ Win Gold Bars here  🥕
    CCFriends 🌟 Win Gold bars here  🍭
                               ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
                                          love.
  • mysticalmystymysticalmysty Posts: 30,131 Crushing Legend
    The map is beautiful, loves all the macaroons, but I have to be honest this is the toughest challenge by far 🤗

Wherever a beautiful soul has been there is a trail of beautiful memories 🌸

• litocorrealitocorrea Posts: 3 Newbie
  • LauraLMasonLauraLMason Posts: 411 Level 4
    Rachel is quite cute and does seem to have unique abilities. The levels are challenging and I am having to work hard to try to keep her!  As of now I have finished part 1 and collected 14  stars.  It would be nice to see an Olivia option sometime since I wasn't playing Friends yet at the time of her contest.

• wozziewoowozziewoo Posts: 166 Level 3

This game is Severely flawed.  I loved playing this game a year ago when it first came out.  A lot of that enthusiasm is gone & it may not ever come back.  I agree with a lot of what has already been said & I have commented similarly about some things in various other threads on this board.  I really really miss the old days when I could just collect stickers or fragments or whatever they’re called upon completing quests & levels & chapters, etc.  That is virtually non-existent now.  I originally brought up the differences in the game here:

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-friends-saga/discussion/257021/does-this-game-run-differently-for-everyone/p1

I’ve also discussed these various issues in the thread asking for feedback on Quests.  Nothing has changed.  I’ve been told our feedback is important & that they want to improve the game play for everyone, but the same problems keep occurring over & over again.

Frankly, I’m not sure the game & some of the events live up to the hype, that the creators & king members think they do.  No doubt they have created a great game & there is a lot of fun to had, but it is also deeply, incredibly flawed.  There seems to be a lot of focus on the wrong things.  Many ideas, that have been repeatedly mentioned on here, all of which would be beneficial to the players of the game, without taking away from the integrity of the game, seem to be ignored while other “less important” ideas move forward.

Now, speaking specifically about this Rachel event, personally, I’m not a huge fan, for a few reasons, many of which have already been mentioned above.  I like the character itself, & as I’ve stated numerous times on here I always like when there are new characters & costumes, as collecting them is a chief enjoyment for me in playing this game.  The power is definitely interesting & unique, & there is a bit of a learning curve, however, it also doesn’t always seem to work as it should or as one would wish it to.  It is directional, so the direction you use to switch the candies matters, & also because of this, if you desire to switch it with a certain candy depending on where it falls on the board, it often doesn’t do much If you are blocked or against a wall on some sides.

Going back to the post about this game being different for everyone, I also agree with the commet that a new character with a new power is a fundamental component of the game & not having it available to everyone completely ruins your game, as everyone playing has a difference experience & changes what & how they are able to play. You really need to step back & think if you can’t make something available for everyone, should it be available for anyone, or maybe it can be available in another form for other players.  Like the Odus Challenge only being available to mobile players & then offering an exclusive costume.  As I mentioned in my comment about the quests, perhaps Windows 10 & other users could have had the option to collect stickers/fragments, which they earn from completing quests, which basically makes it the same thing.

I also agree with above posters about the difficultly of some of the levels.  Further, I grew tired of using Rachel on some of these levels, when I felt other characters may have worked better.  Knowing that there was a star challenge coming after the completion of the side levels, I was reluctant to play much of the main levels, because if I beat the level it wouldn’t count towards my needed total of stars.  This also cause interference in completing the daily quests, mainly the character driven ones, as I had no choose but to take time away from the Rachel levels to play other levels in between.

My next point is a question/observation.  I sometimes play on multiple platforms.  I have Windows 10 on two laptops & I borrow my wife’s Samsung phone on occasion.  The game isn’t syncing.  Progress on one computer isn’t transferring over to the other.  I have the Star chaser on one computer & the other is still showing Rachel event.  I’m concerned that levels completed & stars earned on a different device won’t transfer over.  Am I only supposed to use 1 device during this two week period?  What happens if I don’t hit 45 stars by the end of the event?  What if I’m over 45 stars between multiple star chasers?

Finally, as an alternative for the future, as I’m sure there will be more events like this to come no matter what I say, & even with my personal distaste for them, I know others seem enjoy them, I would suggest having the lives received/used in the main game & the side levels run separately from each other.  This will allow for more game play & to go back and forth.  I know that other King games, such as Bubble Witch 3 & Farm Heroes, operate this way.

• towenttowent Posts: 3 Newbie
    I don't like the response to losing a game that you'all have written into Rachel.  Turning her back to shake her tail & backside at us has me thinking the Raccoon thinks she is above whoever dared to lose.  Artist from Paris or not I don't care for her attitude.  Thought I'd let you know this.  It's a good game  I like it.  thank you......towent.......
  • wafercookieflipperswafercookieflippers Posts: 4,638 Legend
    Positive review—most everything else is great!  

The artwork and design for the map was more stunning than expected. I personally really enjoy Rachel’s mannerisms and voice. I was thrilled to see that we immediately got to start playing with Rachel. That was really cool and I appreciated that opportunity. 

Many have commented that the levels are difficult and needed the option to use another character. I think some of this is the steep learning curve of the new power. I wish the rainbow candy was a bit slower so that I could see what is happening. I found myself trying to look at “before and afters” of things like blockers to see what she worked on and what she didn’t. I’m still not certain. There were some amazing moments like when I saw the rainbow candy jump over a hole in the board for the first time and hit a candy on the other side! That is a fantastic move and it happened with a regular candy match! However I would have missed it if I wasn’t paying close attention or if I wasn’t trying to beat the level for the 4th time. In this way, I began to think of this challenge as a type of “Rachel Training Camp” where you learn her strengths and weaknesses. That is fun for me! I enjoy figuring things out like that. The only problem is that we have limited lives so playing around with her does feel rushed. It is hard to keep in mind that we have 14 days for the challenge. You also don’t want to spend an entire day waiting on lives just so you can play around with a new character (unfortunately).

Oh, one of her major weaknesses seems to be her hints. I know this is true of other characters too, but I caught myself following her orders verbatim because I didn’t know the rainbow candy well enough yet. That is usually when I got into trouble. Just remember: if you wouldn’t do everything that Tiffi tells you to do, don’t do everything Rachel tells you to do either. 

Lastly, the only negative thing really, I hate having to do the 45 star chaser. It feels like a burden. I am not sure what the alternative could be—maybe some sort of quests like the daily quests? Or fewer stars? But 45 is a lot for me at level 1670 and I am actually a little worried about getting to the finish line in time. 

Thanks to the King team who did all the art, level design, etc. for a job well done. ❤️👏

Farm Heroes ☀️ Win Gold Bars here  🥕
    CCFriends 🌟 Win Gold bars here  🍭
                               ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
                                          love.