🔥 Hot right Now! 🌶
🏆 Claim your level milestone badges:
1000 // 2000 // 3000 // 4000 // 5000 // 6000 // 7000
👯‍♀️Find your Team HERE!

We want your feedback on Rachel and her Quest!

Comments

• icee
    icee Posts: 17 Level 2
    Love Rachel! so cute! I do think the levels are hard. I've only made it to level 3 but hopefully I can get her added to my characters.
  • flew66
    flew66 Posts: 2,361 Level 5
    I just finished the part 2 45 Star Chaser and got the reward box. However, I was expecting something a bit different than the regular boosters. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to get 3 lollipop hammers from one box. But it was a bit underwhelmed as I was expecting a costume (like King Chewy for example) from the part 2 reward.

• DroneDome
    DroneDome Posts: 22 Kingster
    Wow, great feedback everyone. I planned on giving everyone individual responses but all your thoughts outgrew my time being able to do so! :pleased:
    I just want you guys to know we've been reading all and will continue to do so throughout the thread. All feedback is great, we hear you on the difficulty on the levels. Some events might have harder levels and some might be easier. Maybe some of these levels were a bit hard though.... :dizzy:
    Just know that we always test our levels to be completable without using any boosters. When we test them we never use any boosters ourselves, some might be harder, some might be easier but it's all for the balance of challenge, relief and variation.

Please keep the feedback coming, all kinds of feedback is very appreciated! <3 
  • seximrtoffee
    seximrtoffee Posts: 14 Level 2
    Kajai said:
    I have finished the 10 levels now and have a few stars for the star chase. I got myself two pre-game boosters with the daily rewards and quests while I had all five lives. Then I started playing the Rachel levels again and was relative generous with the use of in-game boosters so that I didn't get stuck on a level and run out of lives and pre-game boosters. I think you can't win them otherwise in a reasonable amount of time. They are simply too hard without pre- and in-game boosters. You need to be extremely lucky without any kind of boosters.
    Aren't there more than just the 10 levels? The Rachel game begins with the intro: "....this two part event ". That's how I got stuck after the gum Troll -- I thought I had finished after the first ten. 
  • seximrtoffee
    seximrtoffee Posts: 14 Level 2
    @DroneDome did you try playing the levels using the other characters? Maybe Rachel's abilities just take some getting used to. 
  • mikeyblanc
    mikeyblanc Posts: 8 Level 2
    I am so glad everyone is enjoying Rachel! But I am not. Never got a chance. Don't have the octopus, bubblegum troll or Rachel. I don't think they should roll out anynew events until everyone can enjoy. Both my husband and son have Rachel. Been playing the game the longest and nothing......
  • DroneDome
    DroneDome Posts: 22 Kingster
    @DroneDome did you try playing the levels using the other characters? Maybe Rachel's abilities just take some getting used to. 

Yeah, we played Rachel quite a lot. We played her for a few months even before we had proper levels for the event, just to tune the ability and see what works and what doesn't.
    I think we mainly played Rachel in the event levels, not sure about this though since I was on vacation at the time so don't quote me on it. :)

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,599 Sweet Legend
    Well it's now time for me to express my thoughts on this.  I didn't write before because I've spent all my time trying to clear those 10 levels.  I don't even think I'll get to the star chaser at all because I've never been able to do those in the past.  The levels for Rachel were difficult and some I had to spend a couple of days and so many tries trying to clear them.  I am still trying to figure out the rainbow candy that she throws on the board.  I was able to find out what happens when you get 2 next to each other - swipe them both and depending on the direction you swiped it the candies will go in both directions.  That was cool but doesn't happen too often.  I was able to match a wrapped candy with the rainbow and 4 candies turned into wrapped candies.  That is cool but it didn't help me clear the levels.  I had to buy extra moves and boosters for each of the levels.  If she wasn't so darn cute I would have given up.

@seximrtoffee, I read your entire message and I can totally understand where your head is at being a teacher and trying to help the students.  You wrote "If faced with too many unattainable and Herculean goals, the student does not benefit and furthermore, she experiences failure--laying detriment to her intrinsic motivation and willingness towards problem-solving. In some extreme cases of excessive disappointment, the student will fear making mistakes, leading them to avoid any attempts or initiations towards new tasks."

I can totally relate to it. I am only on level 574 and so many players are at the end waiting for new levels.  It does give me a bit of a complex thinking there has to be something wrong with me that I can't clear the levels as fast as others.  I have seen the beat the level contests posted here in the community and I could never participate because I hadn't made it to those levels yet.  Yes, failure is a word that comes to my mind and my heart and I thank you for writing that. 

If Rachel wasn't so darn cute I would have completely given up on this.  @DroneDome you can let the team know that the characters motivate me to write stories and I already have a story in mind for Rachel.  So I might not be good at the game, but I am loving the stories that I can create with the characters.
  • Kajai
    Kajai Posts: 40 Level 2
    Kajai said:
    I have finished the 10 levels now and have a few stars for the star chase. I got myself two pre-game boosters with the daily rewards and quests while I had all five lives. Then I started playing the Rachel levels again and was relative generous with the use of in-game boosters so that I didn't get stuck on a level and run out of lives and pre-game boosters. I think you can't win them otherwise in a reasonable amount of time. They are simply too hard without pre- and in-game boosters. You need to be extremely lucky without any kind of boosters.
    Aren't there more than just the 10 levels? The Rachel game begins with the intro: "....this two part event ". That's how I got stuck after the gum Troll -- I thought I had finished after the first ten. 
    There are those 10 Macarons in Paris levels which you can only play with Rachel. The second part is getting 45 stars in normal levels. You need both for getting Rachel. You get 400 of 500 points for the scrapbook for beating the 10 Rachel levels. The last 100 points seemingly come from the Star Chase part, so I still need to beat a bunch of normal levels to get her.

Unfortunately the normal levels are not so much easier. I am at level 1425 right now. But I think I can beat them easily in time with a less often usage of in-game boosters than I used for the 10 Rachel levels. Rachel's ability is in my opinion not super strong. Fun and a nice diversion for sure, but compared to other characters not particular effective.
  • m_eo
    m_eo Posts: 21 Level 2
    edited October 2019
    Having read all the comments above I have to admit that partly I strongly disagree. I finished the second part of the challenge yesterday having used one lollipop at level 8 I think, and with so much time left, this should be doable for everyone. Those extra levels are supposed to be hard, or else it wouldn't be a challenge, would it?

But there seems to be a bug or is it? After having finished the challenge, Rachel disappeared out of my album. Yes, I also had 400 out of 500 points, so she wasn't safe. But I don't see any possibility to have gotten all the 500 points anyway. Should the challenge really have been in vain? This would REALLY be quite unfortunate! 

As to the other two characters mentioned above (Olivia and Bubblegum Troll) this was the first time I even heard about them. I would like to be given these events, I started playing the game 69 days ago, am on level 822 and I think having those characters is overdue! ;-)

Edit: After reading the Wiki I assume that the Troll will be the last undiscovered costume I have left, so that leaves only Olivia missing. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?