⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

NEW FORMAT OF CANDY CRUSH SAGA

Options

Answers

• Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,236 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

It is an official change, here is the post explaining it all: Candy Crush Change

• Tony_Mc
    Tony_Mc Posts: 4,138 Level 3
    Options

Hi @All,

Thanks a lot for posting and commenting here on King Care.

Please find our post about this update here https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/candy-crush-saga-facebook-update

Remember to check our blog https://care.king.com/en/blog/article/is-your-browser-ready-for-html5 and see if you and your browser are ready for this change; you will also find our recommended browsers there.

Kindest regards & have a great day,

Tony - King Care Team

• Rita_Ghanshamdas
    Rita_Ghanshamdas Posts: 26 Level 2
    Options

Most of us do not like change, especially when it's a favorite thing (game) that is being changed.

Candy Crush Saga had to be changed - our browsers will soon not support Flash any more.

I'm sure the King developers have done the best they can and that a lot of testing and research has gone into the new format.

Instead of all the complaining and demanding that it be 'put back how it was' why don't we try to work with King and actually make this version how we'd like it?

Read up on the change at the following link,  and see if your browser is up to date (and your cache cleared), so that the game will actually run properly on your device https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/candy-crush-saga-facebook-update

Then play for a day or two and come back with some decent feedback on what and why you do not like any features in the game.

Give the new format a chance, (you might find you actually like it) 

They are never going to 'change it back' but may be if we have some positive suggestions and proper feedback, then King will listen.

LOOK THE MOBILE VERSION WAS ALWAYS TERRIBLE. ONLY PLAYED THIS GAME BECAUSE OF THE FB VERSION. SO I AM SURE KING CAN DO BETTER THEN WHAT IT IS GIVING US NOW
  • Rob_Shepherd
    Rob_Shepherd Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Agreed. I hate this change too. They did this a while ago and then changed it back. Basically I will also stop playing if they keep this format. I hate it and will just find some other game company which listens to its players. King, if you are listening, get your act together and set it back.

• Lynette
    Lynette Posts: 6,236 Pet Rescue Moderator
    Options

OK, Lynette, suggestions:

Need to put back:

The hover over feature to see how the level looks before playing

When you first enter a game, it doesn't say what the object of that game is anymore (like clear all the jellies, etc)

put back in the scrolling to other episodes

fix the glitch (same on mobile app) of when it gives you a msg, it goes all the way back to the top, instead of staying on the number game you were at.

put the double candies after winning back

Fix the glitch of some earlier episodes not showing as playable on the screen (I have to check but I think it was around 1025 for me).

sync the mobile and the facebook app so that they are the same episode, the mobile has always been a couple of weeks behind for me, which is a major reason I don't play it and the not giving the same amount of candies

sync the amount of boosters between the mobile and facebook app.  

Thank you tinzac, I'll make sure these get passed on :)
  • Зигфрид_Ван_2519
    Options

Most of us do not like change, especially when it's a favorite thing (game) that is being changed.

Candy Crush Saga had to be changed - our browsers will soon not support Flash any more.

I'm sure the King developers have done the best they can and that a lot of testing and research has gone into the new format.

Instead of all the complaining and demanding that it be 'put back how it was' why don't we try to work with King and actually make this version how we'd like it?

Read up on the change at the following link,  and see if your browser is up to date (and your cache cleared), so that the game will actually run properly on your device https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/candy-crush-saga-facebook-update

Then play for a day or two and come back with some decent feedback on what and why you do not like any features in the game.

Give the new format a chance, (you might find you actually like it) 

They are never going to 'change it back' but may be if we have some positive suggestions and proper feedback, then King will listen.

Yes. I noticed, the new version uses fewer system resources. We have to deprecate the crappy Adobe Flash. On the otherhand, we don't want to be changed without a prior notice.
  • parlady99
    parlady99 Posts: 304 Level 3
    Options

Lynette L - I like many others are not happy about the new format; but I am sure we will get used to it.  What I don't like and hope will change, is that now I am not able to ask only my Candy Crush friends for lives. It is very annoying to those not on Candy Crush and annoying to me to have to go through and check only those that are on CC.  I am sure the technicians can come up with a way to only ask Candy Crush friends for help like we were able to do on the desktop version.

• Kay_Hall
    Kay_Hall Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

ON LEVEL 2593 CHANGE IT BACK TO DESKTOP NOT MOBILE, IF I WANT MOBILE VERSION I'LL PLAY ON MY PHONE, PLAYING THROUGH FACEBOOK ON COMPUTER, I WROTE THEM ABOUT THIS BUT NO ANSWER, IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT........AGAIN CHANGE IT BACK!!!!  PLEASE

• NicVale_Albanese
    NicVale_Albanese Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Hi @All,

Thanks a lot for posting and commenting here on King Care.

Please find our post about this update here https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/candy-crush-saga-facebook-update

Remember to check our blog https://care.king.com/en/blog/article/is-your-browser-ready-for-html5 and see if you and your browser are ready for this change; you will also find our recommended browsers there.

Kindest regards & have a great day,

Tony - King Care Team

Come back to the old version please!! I stopped playing
  • NimbusSkier
    NimbusSkier Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 2017
    Options

If they cannot return to using Flash player, I feel King could somehow restore the game play to how it was before: Same original sound effects for each of the different levels. Restore the same sound effects when crushing candies, matching two wrapped candies, failing a timed bomb level, smashing the cake, etc. Restore the introductions and conclusions to each episode and if replaying the final level of an episode have it so that we can still see the happy ending to each episode just like we used to. For sugar drops, restore it so that if you pass a level you get double the number of sugar drops. Restore the ability to share when we completed an episode along with if we got the most stars out of our friends. Restore the little icons to let us know the type of level we are playing. In other words, go back to exactly how the game was before the update: background music, sound effects, character scenes, etc. I feel with today's technology, this is possible. Thanks!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?