⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Just today the quit button will not let me reset you just have to play that level or loose

Options

Answers

• Jackie_Coe
    Jackie_Coe Posts: 104 Level 3
    Options

Just had a reply from customer care..........directing me to this site!

Nothing else.....unbelievable!!      HELP!

Thanks Angie, great to know that I am not alone!
  • Paul_Jones_2_2
    Paul_Jones_2_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Maurice, 

I know that I will lose a life if I quit after making a move. But what has changed is that now I also lose a life if I quit BEFORE making any moves. So I can no longer reset the level to line up my boosters in the way that I used to. And I don't understand why some can still do this and I can't.

I’ll be back next week to see if they give us resets and keep space dash/helmets on app close and reopen. Otherwise, it’s back to Angry Birds for time wasting game.
  • Ametro
    Ametro Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited October 2018
    Options

King is selectively changing Candy Crush game behaviour for some/many players (but not all).   Those affected are "testers" selected by King - but without communication/notification. 

The change seems to mostly affect regular players at more advanced levels, e.g. level 2000 or higher.

For those affected, there are two possible adverse changes:

1. Can no longer exit a new game board without losing a life and selected boosters (e.g. before making a move).

2. Can no longer exit a game in progress without losing Boosting Spaceship (etc.), e.g. by force-closing when playing on  smart phone.

These game play changes occur with or without updating the app. 

I fixed this problem several times, for myself and my spouse, only to have one or the either game-play problem re-assert a week or two later. 

Seems King is rolling out eroded game behaviour in recurring waves.

The game play fix I used involves taking an encyypted back up my entire iphone and then restoring it, sometimes more than once.  This preserves game levels but can cause player level and saved boosters to be lost.

• Crystaltipps
    Crystaltipps Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

King is selectively changing Candy Crush game behaviour for some/many players (but not all).   Those affected are "testers" selected by King - but without communication/notification. 

The change seems to mostly affect regular players at more advanced levels, e.g. level 2000 or higher.

For those affected, there are two possible adverse changes:

1. Can no longer exit a new game board without losing a life and selected boosters (e.g. before making a move).

2. Can no longer exit a game in progress without losing Boosting Spaceship (etc.), e.g. by force-closing when playing on  smart phone.

These game play changes occur with or without updating the app. 

I fixed this problem several times, for myself and my spouse, only to have one or the either game-play problem re-assert a week or two later. 

Seems King is rolling out eroded game behaviour in recurring waves.

The game play fix I used involves taking an encyypted back up my entire iphone and then restoring it, sometimes more than once.  This preserves game levels but can cause player level and saved boosters to be lost.

I’d been experiencing the inability to reset without losing a life, but until yesterday I had been able to retain my boosters by closing the game if I failed. Now that’s been changed for the worse, making it virtually impossible (I’m at level 3817) and no fun at all. I will never pay to play, and I don’t play with the aim of feeling frustrated so I think I’m done with this now. Well done King - you’ve ruined it for me.
  • Jackie_Coe
    Options

Thank you Ametro, you have given more explanation to this terrible situation in almost 8 weeks!.  It helps somewhat to know that King are just bringing about all these changes erratically & randomly.  I wonder if anyone there knows just what is happening?.  I suppose that all this sorry situation is just in King's hands.

• Slarksinators_
    Slarksinators_ Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I am currently stuck on level 3556 and everytime I quit I lose my boosters. Can someone please help me!! 

• Jackie_Coe
    Options

I am currently stuck on level 3556 and everytime I quit I lose my boosters. Can someone please help me!! 

If you read the whole of this thread started 8 weeks ago, you will see that King have made many changes. Some like me have lost the quit/reset & lose all space ship etc. It seems a very random & erratic change & no one seems to have any real answers as King customer care fail to respond. You may find some help to your problem reading through this very long thread - it may help but basically there is no answer!.
  • Liz_Baptist
    Liz_Baptist Posts: 17 Level 2
    Options

It should be obvious at this point that the King goal is to throttle top players and encourage use if boosters, use, spend money. This is usually an indication of declining success. Witness Zynga a few years ago. 

• Jackie_Coe
    edited October 2018
    Options

After 9 weeks with all the changes and then some.  After reading this and many other threads and the same complaints on many different sites, I concede defeat.  I have never paid for boosters and will NOT DO SO and after all this time and with advice from “people in the know “I conclude that King truly want me to quit.  All these weeks I held the belief that they would resume “normal “ play and I still have received no reply from customer care.   I hope that along with thousands of others that King have /will not have shot them selves in the foot.  

If anyone knows of good alternative games I would be grateful .

• MickAngel
    MickAngel Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

Airplane mode worked for me until today. Now it does not keep the boosters when you quit anymore. Man, this really sucks. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?